Tuesday, July 29, 2008

In the beginning...

Well, I've tried this blog thing once before when I went to Iraq and I sort of quit doing it after only 6 entries. Not because I wanted to quit or because I didn't like it, mainly just because I am lazy at heart. I finally accepted that about myself and it is a constant struggle to overcome it. So hopefully this one will go better.

I guess I can thank my cousin Liz for getting me back into this. I do think it is a fun way of sharing your life experiences with your friends and family...so "Thanks Liz!"

I really don't know where to start. My vision for this is just to keep those important people in our lives up-to-date on what's going on in our little piece of the world.

So here's the low down on our family.

First there's me, John. Born the 4th of 6 children and the first of 2 boys. I could probably be a prime candidate for a study in indecision. For example, I've had more cars since being married than years being married. I'm one of those grass is always greener kind of guys. I've also had more jobs in the past 12 years than I can remember. I think the first question people who know me always ask when seeing me after some time has passed is "so what are you doing now?" I'm kind of used to it but it still shames me a little. I always try to justify what I do by telling myself that this job (whatever it is) is the one that will finally make me happy. Hopefully my current job will fulfill that once and for all.

Next is my soul mate Kerri. I will let her say what she wants to about herself. I will just say that she is the love of my life and has put up with my shenanigans for over 12 years, and that's saying a lot.

Jory is our oldest child. He came to us in the middle of the Utah winter some 10 years ago. He is smart and funny. He loves soccer like no other and is actually pretty good at it. He is a deep thinker and loves to read.

Megan came next in the spring. She is our only girl and is really neat. She loves being a girl but can usually hold her own when facing her brothers. She is sweet and loving through and through. She is very smart and loves to help others.

Cameron came like a ball of fire. He is the class clown if there ever was one. He takes great joy in making others laugh. He is very much daddy's boy and wants to be with me all the time.

Sweet AJ (or Andrew James when he is in trouble) is the latest edition to our family. And by latest edition I mean just a tad over a year old. He is such a joy to our family but his red haired tendencies do have a way of coming out from time to time. He is just learning to walk and now he thinks he has places to go.

So there you have it, just a brief look at us better known as The Circus 6.

2 comments:

Elizabeth "Betsy" said...

Congrats on the new blog! I'm so excited to keep up with you all now - we've not been the best of that in other ways, have we? Sorry we'll miss you this weekend. Soon maybe - Janet is moving to SLC, a good reason for us to visit that way now!

MarkMark said...

I've bookmarked your blog now. I'm still working on getting one for us set up. Maybe during this next break between semesters.

I hear you on the lazy aspect. I'm in the same boat. I use to say I wasn't lazy but rather a 'convenience enthusiast.' Its definitely a constant struggle.